In 1918 the Quandt name stood for a quality fish market in Amsterdam, NY. Mr. Quandt developed a thriving business by assembling a renowned selection of the freshest fish available. Mr. Quandt’s son, Joseph F. Quandt, came into the business, and by 1944, the business had become so successful that the family added a frozen food locker plant. By the early 1950’s the Quandt family operation had expanded to a full-fledged supermarket.
In 1958 the family transitioned its focus to keep up with industry demands into becoming a wholesale distributor. The company quickly outgrew its 20 Guy Park Avenue location and opened a new facility at 105 Quist Road (current location.) In 1999, we added on 30,000 square feet of freezer and cooler space to our facility on Quist Road to accommodate our rapidly growing customer base.
Today, over 94 years after our humble beginnings we serve as a full line distributor, carrying everything from food to paper products, to chemicals and equipment and supplies.